Tour to Wadi El Natroun Monastery from Cairo
Wadi El-Natrun, Deir al-Baramus
Drive to Wadi El-Natrun, the birthplace for Christian monasticism. Visit the 4 surviving monasteries of the 50 that once existed here. Begin your trip with the oldest and most isolated monastery, Deir al-Baramus, and learn of the Desert Fathers of Christian monasticism.
Drive by a modern air-conditioned vehicle to Wadi El-Natrun, the actual birthplace for Christian monasticism. Basically, there were about 50 monasteries, only 4 have survived into modern times. Begin your trip with Deir al-Baramus which is the oldest of the surviving 4 monasteries, and in many ways the most isolated, then proceeds to Deir Anba Bishoiwhose body is still in the monastery. End your trip visiting Deir El-Suryani which is the smallest and most compact of the 4 monasteries.
- - Pick up services from hotel & return.
- - Bottled water during your trip.
- - All transfers by a private air-conditioned vehicle.
- - Entrance fees to the mentioned historical place.
- - Private All Languages speaking guide.
- - Lunch meal at local restaurant.
- - All taxes & service charge.
Cena nie zawiera
- - Any extras not mentioned in the program
- - Tipping
Dodatkowe wskazówki dojazdu
pickup from your hotel in cairo or giza