The 7 Villages Of Apokoronas Tour – Explore East Chania Mainland
Discover the hidden treasures of East Chania mainland and visit unique places… The Cretan culture has already been revealed in front of your eyes!
- Every Monday – Thursday – Saturday
- Pick up time: 9:00- 9:30
- Tour starts: 09:30
- Duration: approx. 7 hours
- Group size: small groups, up to 12 people
- Tour Guide: English
- Visit the folklore museum of Apokoronas
- Learn everything about old traditional Cretan handcrafts
- Explore the villages of Apokoronas through amazing nature routes
- Unique hidden monasteries and churches
- Visit a Cheese factory and taste the local dairy products
- Taste the local delicacies in a bakery
- Visit a “Raki” distillery and discover the secrets of the local spirits
- Learn about the Cretan way of life in the past
- Lunch at a traditional “Kafeneio” with the locals
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
This is a tour of the unique area of Apokoronas, the East province of Chania Region. Heading to Apokoronas, you can enjoy the beautiful scenery into the mountains while you make your way across Cretan villages. Following a route through the nature and traditional Cretan villages like Stylos, Tsivaras and Kalives you will arrive in Gavalochori village and visit the folklore museum of Apokoronas. The 7 rooms of it, will reveal everything about history, handcrafts and the everyday life of the people.
Leaving Gavalochori, driving towards “Xirosterni” we will visit the local family “Raki” distillery passing by Kalives. There, you will watch the whole Raki production from the beginning and taste of course this delicious Cretan spirit drink. In Vrises, the next village we will find on our way, you will enjoy the view of the river and the square.
The village of Emprosneros is following to see the theatre “Mikis Thodorakis and the hidden church of St. Antony, built on the rock. The experience of Cretan cheese-making process follows.. You visit a cheese factory and taste the local “Graviera” “Mizithra” or “Anthotiros” cheese varieties. You will also taste some olive oil on warm bread, cookies and Cretan biscuits in the local bakery.
After that you will enjoy lunch in a traditional “kafeneio” in Fres village, speaking with the locals and learning many things about the countryside way of life. You will have the chance to see the pure beauty and feel the real Crete around you. Apokoronas is one of the most historical places in Crete because of its people. Apokoronas is waiting to reveal his secrets a whole place is ready to be explored by you!
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide
- Museum entrance
- Cheese tasting
- Traditional Cretan lunch
- Liability insurance
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Small-group tour
Cena nie zawiera
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- GS Tours Chania, Επισκόπου Χρυσάνθου 37, Χανιά, Ελλάδα
- Odbiór z hotelu