Explore The Cretan Wines And Cheese-Making Process
Wine tour to a gorgeous family Winery & the traditional-historical museum of Apokoronas… Taste the famous Cretan cheese and enjoy a meal like the locals do!
- Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
- Visit the traditional old cellar
- Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
- Explore the cellar of the winery inside an old cave near the heart of the mountain
- Walk through the winery’s herbal garden and the art gallery
- Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
- Learn how to properly taste wine and sample organic varietals paired with locally produced meats or cheeses
- Discover the Cretan tradition and admire the unique museum exhibits
- Visit the cheese factory and discover the secrets of cheese-making posses
- Taste the local cheese like “Graviera” or “Mizithra”
- Chauffeured private tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
- Delicious gastronomy experiences and traditional Cretan lunch
- Every Tursday - Saturday
- Pick up time: 9:00- 9:30
- Tour starts: 9:30
- Duration: approx. 6 hours
- Group size: small groups, up to 12 people
- Tour Guide: English
The most amazing things will happen at Apokoronas region. A day full of wine, gastronomy and history. First you will visit a charming village, which has the historical – traditional museum of Apokoronas, with 7 rooms of Cretan history and great descriptions about the way of living in the past. There you can learn how the locals used to live, admire the traditional Cretan house and old everyday tools they used to work with. You will also discover the old and special knitting technique of “Kopaneli”!
Driving up to the foothills of the White Mountains, feeling the environment changing while you are heading to the local winery. There you will meet the specialists of the awarded “Romeiko”. Its production performed with a special way and its taste will take your mind away. Also you will taste other wine varieties like “Vidiano”, “Vilana”, “Malvazia” and “Kotsifali”. The winery possesses a great view of the White Mountains and an impressive art gallery. There, you can see an ancient treadle, which is 500 years old, and walk around the herbal garden and the museum of traditional Cretan exhibits. Moving underground, feeling the heartbeat of the White Mountains, you will visit the cellar which is inside the cave where steadfast rocks cover the cylinder bottles.
The next stop is in Emprosneros, the cradle of the Cretan revolution against the Ottomans. You will admire the ruins of Alidakis tower andl visit the local cheese factory. After the tour of the factory you will taste the local cheese varieties like”Graviera”, “Anthotiros” or “Mizithra” and you will be in touch with the cheese-making process. There will be a combination of cheese tasting with Cretan rusk and “raki” or “rakomelo”! You are definitely hungry, so the next stop will be a local “kafeneio” in Fres village where you will have a traditional Cretan lunch.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Museum entrance fee
- Wine and food tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Cretan traditional lunch
- Small-group tour
Cena nie zawiera
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Travel insurance
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- GS Tours Chania, Επισκόπου Χρυσάνθου 37, Χανιά, Ελλάδα
- Odbiór z hotelu