Explore The Cretan Wines And Cheese-Making Process
Wine tour to a gorgeous family Winery & the traditional-historical museum of Apokoronas… Taste the famous Cretan cheese and enjoy a meal like the locals do!
· Discover the secrets of the local grapes inside a vineyard
· Experience wines of Greece in a traditional house introduced by a wine specialist
· Visit the family cheese factory and discover the cheese-making posses
· Taste the local cheese, like “Graviera” or “Mizithra”
· Explore a local family winery and tour around the facilities of the place
· Wine tasting in Cretan and international varieties
· Visit the traditional old cellar inside the cave
· Details about winemaking tradition in Crete and the art of food pairing
· Learn about local viticulture, grapes, and vine-growing
· Small-group tour ensures a more relaxing and personal experience
· Delicious gastronomy experiences and traditional Cretan lunch in a village
• Schedule: All year - Every Thursday and Saturday
• Location: Chania, Crete
• Duration: Approximately 6 hours
• Minimum participation: 2pax
• Maximum participation: 18pax
• Tour type: Small-group tour
• Available languages: English
• Pick-up times: 08:40-10:00
• Tour starts: 10:15 am
Driving up to the foothills of the White Mountains, you’ll feel the environment changing while you are heading to the first destination. Inside a family vineyard, wine specialist will introduce the local grape varieties. Analyzing the wine making tradition you’ll get a lot of useful information. You will continue with wine tasting of Greek labels in a traditional village house. By discovering rear ancient grape varieties and the modern type of Greek wines you will definitely feel flawless.
The next stop will be in a traditional Cretan village, situated in the altitude of 300m. There you will experience a local family cheese factory. After the tour of the factory you will taste the cheese varieties like ”Graviera”, “Anthotiros” or “Mizithra” and you will be in touch with the cheese-making process. There will be a combination of cheese tasting with Cretan dry-bread and “raki - tsikoudia” that you’ll love.
A few minutes from the village is the local winery. There you will meet the specialists of the awarded “Romeiko” variety. You will taste wine varieties like “Vidiano”, “Vilana”, “Malvazia” and “Kotsifali”. The winery provides a great view of the White Mountains and an impressive art gallery. There, you can see an ancient treadle, which is aged 500 years old, and walk around the herbal garden and the museum of traditional Cretan exhibits. Moving underground, feeling the heartbeat of the White Mountains, you will visit the cellar which is inside the cave where steadfast rocks cover the cylinder bottles. Tasting is following and with a satisfied palate, we are off to the final stop for lunch. In the charming square of a traditional Cretan village you will experience the local cuisine. Full of incredible tastes the tour is coming to its end leaving us the best memories.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- English speaking, local driver/guide and wine specialists
- Museum entrance fee
- Wine and food tasting
- Cheese tasting
- Liability insurance and local taxes.
- Certified services with ISO:9001
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Cretan traditional lunch
- Small-group tour
Cena nie zawiera
- Gratuities (optional)
- Additional food and drinks
- Wine tasting is not allowed for children under 18 years old. Water or fresh orange juice will be offered instead.
- GS Tours Chania, Επισκόπου Χρυσάνθου 37, Χανιά, Ελλάδα
- Odbiór z hotelu