Gdansk City Tour – A walk through the Old Town of Gdansk
A walk through the Old Town of Gdansk
It is the most popular shore excursion to Gdansk. Our walking tour of Gdansk takes place in the Old Town of Gdansk – the birth place of many famous people such as the inventor of the mercury glass thermometer Gabriel Fahrenheit and the philosopher Arthur Schopenhauer. During our walk we will see the most famous landmarks of this 1000 year-old city. The majority of the sights on our tour lie on The Royal Way of Gdansk (also called The Royal Route). The name comes from the fact that the Polish kings who visited Gdansk followed it along with their entourage.
We will start with The Upland Gate – the 16th century entrance to the Old Town of Gdansk. On our way we will see The Torture House and The Prison Tower – currently the Museum of Amber. Next we will enter Long Street and the Long Market and admire the most magnificent sights like: Artus Court a medieval meeting place for rich merchants, a symbol of Gdansk – The Neptune Fountain, The Golden House and The Green Gate. Here we will drop into one of the amber workshops to see a brief display of amber polishing also called „the gold of the Baltic Sea”. We will also learn how to recognise fake amber. Here the official Royal Route in Gdansk ends but we will walk further to see the banks of the Motlawa River and the medieval Crane. We will walk on the most picturesque street in Gdansk – Mariacka Street which will lead us to the biggest gothic brick church in the world – St. Mary’s church. Here we will see many interesting pieces of historical art. We will finish our trip at the richly decorated Great Armoury.
Worth entering are: The Amber Museum, Artus Court and St. Mary’s Church.
The duration of the trip depends on what sights you want to enter. Normally it takes 3 hours.
Cena nie zawiera
- Entrance fees on the route of Gdansk City Tour – A walk through the Old Town of Gdansk
- St Mary’s church in Gdansk: regular ticket 4 PLN, discount ticket 2 PLN
- The Amber Museum in Gdansk: regular ticket 12 PLN, discount ticket 6 PLN
- Artus Court in Gdansk: regular ticket 10 PLN, discount ticket 5 PLN
- Pick up at your hotel
- Meeting point: The Green Gate in Gdansk or I will pick you up at your hotel
- The duration of the trip depends on what sights you want to enter. Normally it takes 3 hours.
- The Green Gate in Gdansk
- Odbiór bezpośrednio z hotelu