Gozo with a Difference - Guided Tour
Guided tour to Gozo available in English and Russian.
Gozo is called the three hilled island and it is greener and more picturesque than Malta. A visit to Malta's sister island Gozo is a must!
A visit to Gozo is a must! As soon as you arrive in Gozo you will notice that Gozo is a lot different than Malta. The three hilled island is greener and more picturesque. You will first visit Ggantija, a Neolithic megalithic temple. The Ggantija temples are the earliest of a series of megalithic temples in Malta. The Ggantija temples are older than the pyramids of Egypt. Their makers erected the two Ggantija temples during the Neolithic Age, which makes these temples more than 5550 years old and the world's second oldest manmade religious structures, after Gobekli Tepe.
You will then drive to Marsalforn where you will board the trackless train. During the 40 minute ride you pass by Marsalforn Bay, Qbajjar Bay, Xwejni Bay, you will also see the Salt Pans, the Salvatur Statue and more. This area is hardly visited by any tourists since no vehicles are allowed apart from the trackless train, so enjoy this unique experience!
You will then visit the Crafts Centre where you will have the chance to taste some traditional Maltese food. Here you will also see stone works, marble, local lace and many other items. This is the perfect place where you can buy a souvenir which will remind you of Gozo.
The next stop is Dwejra Bay, where until the 8th March 2017 one could see The Azure Window, a natural arch featuring a table-like rock over the sea. At Dwejra Bay there are two famous landmarks - The Inland Sea & Il-Gebla tal-General. Here you can catch a boat for a short ride (weather permitting).
Gozo's Capital City Victoria is the next visit. Victoria is the name given in 1897 by the British government on the occasion of Queen Victoria's Diamond Jubilee, at the request of the Bishop of Malta, Mons. Sir Pietro Pace. In the heart of Victoria lies the Cittadella, formerly known as 'Il Castello', which has been the centre of activity of the island since possibly Neolithic times, but is known to be first fortified during the Bronze Age. It was later developed by the Phoenicians and continued into becoming a complex Acropolis by Roman times. A late lunch will be served in a restaurant in Rabat.
After a tour full of experiences you will have a short ferry crossing back to Malta and will be dropped off at your hotel.
- Full day guided tour to Gozo
- Gozo Ferry Ticket
- Entrance ticket to the Ggantija Temples
- Trackless train ride
- Late buffet lunch
- Tour guide available in English and Russian
- Children under 5 years – To pay the Gozo Ferry Ticket directly at the port
- Kindly contact the supplier to confirm the pick up time after receiving the voucher
- Attard, Malta; departure at: 10:00
- Valletta, Malta; departure at: 10:10
- Sliema, Malta; departure at: 10:20
- St. Julian’s, Malta - Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel; departure at: 10:30; In St. Julian's, the main pick up point is Golden Tulip Vivaldi Hotel.
- St Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 10:45
- Bugibba, Saint Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 10:50
- Qawra; departure at: 10:55
- Golden Bay, Mellieħa, Malta; departure at: 11:05
- Xemxija, Saint Paul's Bay, Malta; departure at: 11:05
- Mellieħa, Malta; departure at: 11:15
- Cirkewwa, Mellieħa, Malta; departure at: 11:30
Pick-up time is approximate and depends on your exact hotel location. Please note, that delays up to 15 min due to the traffic may occur. If your hotel is not accessible by bus you will be provided with the closest to your hotel meeting point.