Crete, Chania: Bohemian Sunset Tour
If wine is your thing, you’ll be glad to know there’s plenty of it in Chania! As well as good food, strong spirits, and mythical tales hidden down back alleyways.
- Visit a secret spot to watch the sunset — a spot that only locals know about
- Discover the bohemian side of Crete, from funky workshops to cool cafés
- Venture into the city’s alleyways and back lanes to discover vibrant cultural spaces
- Participate in a one-of-a-kind wine tasting event and learn about the local varieties on offer
- Enjoy organic ice cream and a shot of Cretan moonshine, or as the locals call it, raki
Experience Chania the way it’s meant to be experienced — like a local. This Crete sunset tour will take you out on a late afternoon to discover all the hidden gems Chania has to offer!
After meeting your guide, the time of your life will begin when you jump on a local bus for a quick 15-minute ride to a place that’s off the beaten track and held dearly by locals. This historic spot provides the perfect vantage point from which you can enjoy the most captivating sunset. Watching the sun slowly make its descent is breathtaking and well worth the trip — but we’re far from done.
Your next stop on this Chania tour will be the Venetian Old Port. We’ll roam through back streets are known only to locals, and capture the last rays of light. You’ll hear myths and tales about some of the more unique buildings, as well as famous locals, and while they may seem like fiction, many of these stories are very real.
The next stop is a secret garden in the center of Old Town. This one-of-a-kind venue is probably going to be everyone’s favorite part, as it includes wining and dining. You’ll participate in a local wine and food-appreciation feast, and learn about local Cretan varieties of wine, as well as tips like what to look for in the perfect glass of wine. You’ll also get to taste four local wines that have won awards, and taste some organic food that will mesh beautifully with the wine.
We’ll also show you funky, alternative bars and clubs where you can hang out later — have a beer, meet some cool people, and even admire some interesting art installations.
If you have a sweet tooth, you’ll be glad to know that there’s something sweeter than wine on this tour: ice cream! We’ll show you where to get the best ice cream in town. The ingredients are made from organic fruits and nuts, which are local and fresh. Your taste buds will experience something they’ve never tasted before!
We’ll end the night off with a stroll and a nightcap in the form of a shot of raki (a local spirit). We’ll take a walk around the Venetian Old Port and we’ll reminisce on the Best. Tour. Ever.!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Bus fare
- Wine tasting
- 3-course gourmet dinner
- Ice cream
- Raki (local spirit)
Cena nie zawiera
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
- Starting time: 6.30 PM
- Duration: 4 hours
- Language: English
- Meeting point: Chania Municipal Market (the Public Market is located at the centre of the city, on central market square). Your guide will be standing outside the market, on the left, holding an Urban Adventures sign.
- Ending point: Chania Old Town
- This tour is limited to participants age 18 or older because of age restrictions at the bars we will be visiting. Please remember to bring a valid government-issued ID with you.
- Chania.; odjazd o: 18:30; przyjazd o: 22:30; Chania Municipal Market (the Public Market is located at the centre of the city, on central market square).