Symi Island Full Day Trip by Boat
Guide in English, French, Italian, Russian, German
The beautiful island of Symi, the mythological birthplace of the Three Graces, is a small island in the Dodekanese that maintains its authentic traditional character almost intact. The charming Gialos is full of colourful, neoclassical mansions built almost on top of the other, with endless steps, hidden corners and amazing views that will enchant you. Its Venetian style beauty makes Symi postcard-perfect and strolling down its promenade is a pure delight.
ATTRACTIONS OF SYMI
The main attractions of Symi Island are the Monastery of Panormitis, famous for its miracles, the Archaeological and Folklore Museum of Symi and the Naval Museum. Visiting the ruins of the Knights’ castle on the hilltop overlooking Gialos is a must not only for the site but also for the panoramic views to the main harbour. Furthermore, the iconic war monument, carved on the side of a huge rock is probably one of the most photographed spots on the island as well as the most popular meeting point.
THINGS TO DO IN SYMI
When in Symi, the cobble stoned alleys with the countless steps will enchant you, making you want to explore them all. Every corner hides a new surprise, with awe-inspiring panoramic views and beautiful images. Try the tiny shrimp of Symi and the freshly caught fish and seafood. The Gialos promenade is delightful; the perfect place to buy authentic sea sponges. From Gialos you can also board a
water-taxi that will take you to any of the secluded beaches of the island.
A CRUISE TO REMEMBER!
Discover the colourful Symi Island and the historic monastery of Panormitis.
The island of Symi is among the most beautiful islands in the Aegean Sea. The colourful traditional houses on the harbour will greet you as you approach the shores of the island. The evocative atmosphere, the elegant architecture, the long naval history and the welcoming people of the island will make you part of this beautiful piece of land from the moment you set your foot on it. Enjoy an entertaining and relaxing trip to the beautiful island of Symi, shop and taste the local flavours and enjoy a cruise to remember.
THE FULL DAY CRUISE TO SYMI SCHEDULE:
- Bus transfer from your hotel to the Commercial Harbour.
- Greeting by an escort and boarding
- Departure time is at 09:00
- On board entertainment with a musician and 80’s classics.
- On arrival, meet with escort who will give you all the details for your trip to Symi Island, the stops and tips to organize the day ahead.
- You can choose to follow our tour guide who will take you on beautiful stroll around the alleys of Symi’s capital, will introduce you to the long tradition of sponge processing, the
- museum and the churches of the island.
- Free time on Symi for shopping and lunch.
- Then we depart for the historic monastery of Panormitis to indulge into the beauty of this Aegean Sea’s corner.
- Boat departure is scheduled for 16:30
- 18.30 - Upon arrival to Rhodes, return transfer by coach to hotels/ pick up points
- Pick-up and drop off from Ialyssos, Ixia , Falitaki, Kalithea or Rhodes Town
- Roundtrip boat tickets
- Free time at Panormitis Monastery
- Free time at Symi village
- Guided tours in Symi - GERMAN / FRENCH/ RUSSIAN
- Travel insurance
Price does not include
- Pick-up from areas Kolymbia - 5 euro extra
- Meals and beverages
- Optional gratuities